Department at a Glance

Founded in 1992 by the merger of the Botany and Zoology Departments.

Located in the Morrill Science Center and occupying ~80,000 sq ft of research, teaching laboratory, and shared facility space.

Faculty: 34 (26 in tenure system)

Undergraduate Majors: Biology, 1271; Pre-Med/Pre-Dent, 351

Graduate Students in Residence: ~40

Postdoctoral Research Associates and Research Fellows: 37

Staff: 23

External Grants: 36

External Grant Annual Income: $6 M