ELISA Study Questions
Discuss the answers to these with others in the class. Ask for
help if you're not sure about the answers.
- What are these ELISA experiments designed to enable you to determine
about your rabbit immunoglobulin samples?
- How many micrograms (mg) are in a
- What kind of information does ELISA add to the Ig sequence of
experiments that you could not have obtained from your A280, PAGE and
Western blot experiments?
- An indirect ELISA has fewer steps than a competition ELISA. Why
is it necessary for us to do a competition ELISA?
- In the competition ELISA we are doing, what is competing with what
- What is the purpose of the standard curve in the competition ELISA?
- What would happen if you didn't add acid after exactly 15 minutes of
the enzymatic reaction?
- What should be in your summary of "bottom line" results
from each of your ELISA plates?