THE CENTRAL MICROSCOPY FACILITY
Scanning Electron Microscopy Services
The Microscopy Facility Lab is equipped for general biological sample
The equipment is available for use by properly trained clients.
Training and full service by the staff is also available. Please plan
- Consumable materials are charged at cost in addition to basic
- Non-University of Massachusetts client rates are 2X the UMASS
JEOL JSM-5400 Scanning electron microscope features:
Manufacturer Information: JEOL USA, Inc.
- Accelerating Voltage 0.5-30 kV
- Magnification 15x - 200,000x
- Resolution 4 nm (30 kV, WD = 8 mm, SEI mode, on good days)
- Working Distance 8 mm to 48 mm
- Tilt Stage -10 to +90 degrees (Correction for 0 - 80 degrees)
- Stage Rotation - 360 degrees (continuous)
- SEI and BEI detection modes
- Dynamic Focussing Correction
- Raster Rotation Device
- Digital Framestore (640x480 pixels)
- Polaroid 3.25 x 4 Camera
- Sony VideoGraphic Printer (Thermal Pints)
- Digital imaging with Scion AG-3 Framegrabber
SEM Guide JEOL Guide to SEM Observation.
(Get a copy from Dale - the link no longer works.....)
Need more information? See Microscopy Home Page
for email link!