Organized by OEB Grad Program as part of its 20th anniversary celebration
Contest runs through April 12. Winners notified on April 19.
Contest open to any member of the OEB community, past or present.
WHAT TO ENTER
The goal of the contest is to demonstrate members of the OEB community doing their research or other OEB activities.
- Photos must include a member of OEB, not just a research subject/field site.
- Photos must be color and suitable for enlargement to at least 11" X 14"
- Photos taken at any time or anywhere are eligible.
- Photo captions must accompany all submissions, and should include the subject of the image, the location the image was taken, and the name of the photographer.
- Photos should accurately reflect and honestly represent the subject and scene. Minor adjustments are allowed to further the story that your photo tells.
- Don't submit photos for which someone else owns the copyright.
HOW TO ENTER
- If you're a current student or faculty member, you can login using your Net ID using the link under "OEB Student Login". If you don't have a Net ID, contact the program manager, Penny Jaques, to setup a login you can use to submit your photo(s).
- Once you've logged in, the Net ID login block will be replaced with the "Enter Photo Contest" block on this page. Click the submit an entry link to upload your photo(s).
- You may enter up to 5 photographs. Each must be of a of different subject. However, each entrant is eligible for only one prize.
- Photos must be submitted in .jpg format, with a minimum of 2048 pixels on the long side. File size should be no larger than 10MB.
- Each entry must include a short title and longer caption (see examples below). There is no limit to the length of your caption in the "About this Image" field.
- By entering the seminar contest, entrants grant OEB license to use the images in any educational or promotional non-commercial purpose without further notice to the entrant. All photos submitted may be displayed on OEB's website.
Judging panel will include an OEB student, an OEB faculty member and professional photographer. Criteria for judging will include:
- creativity and artistic merit
- technical quality
- story told by your photo, title, and caption
Darwin Examines Giant Sloth Fossil
(Title should include the last name of the OEB'er pictured.)
Charles Darwin, naturalist on the HMS Beagle during its five year survey expedition of South America, examines a giant sloth fossil found on the coast of Argentina. Darwin's journey inspired him to publish On the Origin of Species in 1859, over 20 years after his return to England.
Winning photos will be displayed during OEB's anniversary celebration and hung permanently in the OEB seminar room.
1st prize: $150 2nd prize: $100 3rd prize: $50